- What is Innovate2Beat COVID challenge?
Marico Innovation Foundation strives to nurture innovation in India by playing a catalytic role in growth of start-ups we work with. Innovate2Beat COVID is a new initiative anchored by us and supported by ATE Chandra Foundation and Harsh Mariwala in his personal capacity. We wish to harness the power of innovation to solve current (and potential) challenges our medical fraternity stands to face due to the COVID crisis.
- What is the objective of Innovate2Beat COVID challenge?
To quickly solve the short-supply of ventilators, respiratory solutions and PPE solutions in hospitals and medical other centers.
- What is the structure and timeline of Innovate2Beat COVID challenge?
- Application window is open till April 10, 2020 for the current* challenge·
- First round of evaluation and shortlisting will be done by our Advisors Praxis Global Alliance·
- The shortlisted solutions will be evaluated by our jury panel led by Dr. R.A. Mashelkar
- Most impactful solutions will be announced before 20th April, 2020 after thorough due diligence
*This is a dynamic challenge format. As the pandemic progresses, the grand challenge may expand to other items
of critical need in consultation with medical experts. All details will be updated on our website.
- Who are the jury members?
The Jury comprises of critical care, medical equipment and manufacturing experts and the panel is chaired by Dr. R.A. Mashelkar (recipient of Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan honors).
- Why should I apply for Innovate2Beat COVID challenge?
- If you have a solution that can change the way we as a country are fighting against COVID-19, then this is your chance to scale it to commercialization with ready monetary and business support.
- The grand challenge is set out to achieve a larger objective to save as many lives as possible during COVID-19 pandemic. By participating in this challenge, you will be contributing to this larger agenda.
- What are you looking for in the solution?
We are looking for ventilators, respiratory solutions or Personal Protective Equipment that are:
- Ready to scale almost immediately
- Simple, easy and quick to deploy on site
- Significantly cost-effective compared to currently available solutions in the market, with high performance
- Safe and compliant with requisite medical standards
- Open to making solution open source
- Who can apply for Innovate2Beat COVID challenge?
You must participate if:
- You are an innovator or entrepreneur or corporate
- Specifically working on ventilators, respiratory solutions or PPEs
- You have a solution^ ready to scale to commercialization
- You have a solution that needs minor modifications to scale to commercialization
^Solution means Product as a solution; due to lack of time we will not be able to work with paper ideas.
- I do not have a registered company, can I participate as an individual? (optional)
Yes, you can if you meet the criteria mentioned in the above question.
- Is there an overall limit for number of applications for the challenge?
An innovator can apply with multiple solutions. However it will be the Jury’s discretion to take the solution forward. Jury’s decision is final and binding.
- Are there any prerequisites for participation?
- Your solution should be a product solution
- It should solve for shortage of ventilators and PPEs in India
- You should be open to making your solution open source
- You solution should be in line with the standard medical norms
- What do you mean by innovation?
Innovation for us means addressing a current need-gap with a novel solution that is substantially less expensive and high in performance.
- Can I send multiple applications?
Yes. An innovator can apply with multiple solutions. However it will be the Jury’s discretion to take the solution forward. Jury’s decision is final and binding.
- What is the grant amount I receive if I win? Is there a cash prize?
Yes, the most impactful solutions selected by the Jury stand to receive grants to expedite manufacturing. The total grants we are offering
is Rs. 2.5 crores and will be disbursed basis requirement by the winning solution and Jury discretion. Please read the Terms & Conditions for more details.
- Can I send my application via email?
No, the application form needs to be filled online on the provided link only. Offline applications will not be accepted.
- Are there any specific software formats that you accept for uploading documents?
The format for uploading documents will be mentioned against the question which requires you to upload documents.
- What about the confidentiality of the information being shared by me?
All the data submitted by you will remain confidential and will only be accessed by the Knowledge Partner, Team Marico Innovation Foundation and the jury panel. The information will be used purely for evaluation and will not be shared with any external parties. These details are mentioned explicitly in the terms and conditions~.
~ By clicking the ‘submit’ button after filling the application form, it is deemed that you have accepted the terms and conditions mentioned on the website. Please read the document carefully before submitting.
- Can I save the form half-filled and come back later to complete the form?
Yes, you can. If you would like to partially fill the form now and continue at a later date, do make sure you click on ‘save & continue later’ option on the page. This will generate pop-up where you are required to insert your email ID. You will then receive a link on the email ID that houses your partially filled form and can be used as is at a later date. You can use this link on the same browser each time till you are ready to submit the form.
Do check your junk or spam folder for this email. In case of any trouble please write to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Are there any terms and conditions I should be aware of?
You can read about the Terms and Conditions on our website here. By clicking the ‘submit’ button after filling the application form, it is deemed that you have accepted the terms and conditions mentioned on the website. Please read the document carefully before submitting.
- Is there any fee to apply for the program?
No, the application to this challenge is absolutely free. We want to include as many solutions as possible.
- Do we get technical support during the Innovate2Beat COVID challenge?
The Knowledge Partner will evaluate your solution and if shortlisted and if you innovation requires minor modifications to scale, we will find the right experts to support you.
- What if my question is not covered here?
Please feel free to write to email@example.com and our team will respond within 24 hours. We are not available on the Marico board line as we are all working from home as per the government mandate.
- What else does Marico Innovation Foundation do?
- One of core programs is the SCALE- UP PROGRAM. We identify critical business challenges faced by an innovation, collaborate with pool of mentors and provide implementable solutions; thereby leading to sustainable impact and sustained growth of the innovation. You can read more here.
- Our flagship program is Innovation for India Awards- started in 2006, this is India’s premier and most prestigious awards for recognising innovations in the country. You can read more here.